I never liked exercise, even way back in School I sucked in PE and hated it. The only thing I was OK in was long distance running, but everything else I was rubbish at. Until I fell into being an aerobics instructor and then I fell in love with fitness, which is just as well as I was the class teacher after all. As you start to get fitter you kinda get the bug for it and I did. I never expected that. As I say, I didn’t plan on that career it just sorta happened. I was just trying to create a community for women particularly Mums where they could come together and get fit. Soon I realised I couldn’t make is feasible unless I was the instructor, so I did it and fell in love.
Fast forward to now and it’s been over two years since I gave up that role. Although it kinda feels like 3 years, purely because it was 3 years ago I had a break to have my son so was only back 3 months before I quit.
These days I just don’t enjoy exercise that much and healthy eating I’ve never loved, but when I was an instructor I was much more motivated and determined so I did it anyway and just got used to the lifestyle. When you have a class to support, you really just want to be a good role model so it gave me that drive to eat healthy and stay in shape.
So here’s what I do to get motivated:
- I have a daily tick off calendar to track my progress and a fitness planner.
- I get accountable. I have a weekly date with my bestie to measure progress.
- I look for and try out different fitness challenges.
- I Seek inspiration by following fitness personalities on social media.
- I have emergency go to meals for when I’m struggling.
- I really try to focus on the now. Even if all I’ve manage is a family walk I try to just focus on what I have done, rather than what I haven’t.
- I take before photos and look back on my progress.
- I just start and know motivation will come.
Thanks for reading and good luck with your fitness goals,