Thriving not striving. I have caught myself out so many times striving, trying to do it all. It doesn’t work. It’s not healthy and it doesn’t feel good. The pressure we can put on ourselves to be good partners, mums, daughters, friends, to do well in our work whilst keeping on top of the house and all the chores can get incredibly overwhelming, it’s time to stop and head towards bliss.
When was the last time you truly felt bliss? I felt bliss it the other day in the flow of my work, a couple of weeks ago at the beach with my hubby. I don’t experience bliss every day but as I choose to live more soulfully it’s becoming more of a regular thing and that is the only kinda striving I want to be doing these days. The kind that isn’t striving, but just going with your natural beat allowing yourself to thrive organically.
I speak to women regularly (some men too) and they can’t tell me the last time they experienced bliss. Too many people can’t tell me the last time they felt good. Here’s the thing we don’t need to always feel good, nobody feels good all the time and all emotions are valid but we also shouldn’t wait to experience bliss or think it’s just a pipe dream. Sometimes we have to be creating our own bliss. Does it happen overnight? No, but you absolutely can do things to head towards that direction.
The more holistically I approach life the better I feel, the more ‘successful’ I become and the more bliss I experience. It’s not woo-woo to take care of all you, it’s just wise to take into account the mind, body and spirit because you are all those things.
Missing out key components is like running in heels, sooner or later you’ll have blisters and you’ll probably fall. It doesn’t work and life doesn’t have to be one big arse striving juggling act. We can be kinder to ourselves.
I asked on my Instagram stories if anyone wanted a dream accountability challenge and 100% of you said yes (My first 100% ever, which speaks volumes), but then I thought instead of striving towards those things how about we do things differently, we instead give ourselves grace and focus on thriving. Thriving towards our dreams, goals, bliss and more importantly just feeling good about ourselves and life in general. I truly believe life is too short to wait to feel our best, sometimes we need to be more proactive with our wellbeing.
So I’ve created the #ThrivingTowardsBlissWeek and the best bit is it will cost you nothing because I believe joy is everyone’s birthright and when we are happy we are naturally kinder people.
So if your ready to invite more bliss into your life then join me for the challenge starting May 16th. Follow me on Instagram and use the hashtag #ThrivingTowardsBlissWeek and make a conscious effort every day for one week to take care of you, to stop striving and to slow down and go inwards. A lot can change in a week if you actively work on taking care of you. The power of accountability, support and practising grace should never be underestimated in making you feel better.
You deserve one week. One week to practise getting into the mindset of what it would be like to just thrive and not strive. I’ll be sharing tips and advise with you every single day for a week in the Choose To Rise Facebook group as well as posting on social media and all you need to do is show up for you and get involved. We thrive in proportion to how we show up for ourselves.
5 Ways To Get Involved & Join:
1) Be part of the Choose To Rise Facebook group. This is where I’ll be sharing the best tips with you. Every day there will be a new video in the group. Request to join, you’ll find a free live workshop video on thriving already in the group to get you in the zone. To be part of the community of people Choosing To Rise click here to request to join, every single month there is a free workshop on living more soulfully.
2) On Instagram, get inspired. Follow the hashtag #ThrivingTowardsBlissWeek and see what others are doing. Better yet, get accountable and use the hashtag yourself. I’ll be posting there daily throughout the challenge, you can find me at @KirstyDeeShares.
3) Practise kindness with yourself all week, really actively work on allowing yourself to just be compassionate with yourself.
4) Be part of the community. Whether you join the FB group or hang out on Instagram do engage. Thriving has an energy to it, be part of that and be actively involved.
5) Keep yourself accountable and tell everyone your getting involved, you might even get a friend who wants to join you, better yet ask a friend to keep each other accountable. Below are some images you can use to tell everyone your in. Right click to download and save the images below to share on social media. The first one should fit Instagram stories and the second your Instagram main feed, Facebook can do either.
That’s it. Let’s do this. It’s time for you to thrive towards bliss and if that feels like too much of a stretch for you then just know this challenge can still help you. If things are hard right now or your struggling you may not experience bliss but I’ll do my very best to get you feeling better because life is too short to wait to feel good.
Events will resume once it’s safe and allowed from Covid-19. I’ll keep you updated on social media.
Scholarships and discounts are available for those who need it for the membership. See the membership page(s) for details.